a Non-Profit arts organization
Located in the Hudson Valley, Second Ward occupies the former Charles Williams School in Hudson, NY. Designed by M.F. Cummins and Son of Troy and completed in 1924, the building originally accommodated 480 elementary school students. It is being repurposed into an auditorium, education center, and art galleries.
Second Ward holds events in the building including live music and video screenings by local as well as internationally recognized performers and artists.
The foundation also loans art work to regional, national and international institutions.